3 Canadians Remain, WSOP Main Event Plays to Final 9 Today
Over a week ago, the 2013 World Series of Poker $10,000 Main Event began with 6,352 players and today, they play down to the final 9.
Day 6 saw 68 players return to action, but after five two-hours levels of play, only 27 return today to fight for a spot in this year’s November Nine.
Last Canadians Standing
in the 2013 World Series of Poker Main Event
|Canadian Player||Chip Count||Position||City|
|Jason Mann||7.5 million||9th||Burnaby BC|
|Marc McLaughlin||6.845 million||14th||Brossard QC|
|Alexander Livingston||4.625 million||20th||Halifax NS|
PokerNews Canada Players to Watch
- Dangerous Vietnamese-Californian two-time bracelet winner JC "Just Call" Tran (11,970,000)
- 2001 WSOP Main Event champ Carlos Mortensen of Spain (10,790,000)
- World Poker Tour Season VII $25,000 World Champ and baby faced assasin Yevgeniy Timoshenko (5,310,000)
- Last year ninth-place finisher Steve Gee (3,160,000), who is looking to become the first player since Dan Harrington to make back-to-back Main Event final tables.
- Germany’s Anton Morgenstern has shown fearless aggressiveness and is the current chip leader with 21,955,000. His best finishes to date are ~25th place in WPT's, will he have the nerves to take advantage of the huge opportunity in front of him?
OFFICIAL TOP TEN END-OF-DAY 6 COUNTS
Final Female Falls
Jackie Glazier from Australia was the last woman remaining in the Main Event but fell after she jammed her stack of 1,975,000 from the big blind after Sergio Castelluccio raised to 200,000 from middle position. Castelluccio called immediately.
The flop added an extra out to Glazier's hand since a nine would make her quads with top kicker, but neither the turn nor river helped her. With that, the hopes of a woman making the final table disappeared. The longtime pro will have to make do with $229,281 for her 31st place finish.
Follow our Live Coverage from the RIO in Las Vegas
Day 7 will kick off at 12 p.m. local time on Monday and will play down to the final table of nine. Join the PokerNews Live Reporting Team then as we bring you all the action and eliminations on the way down to the 2013 WSOP November Nine!