Looking back on 2016 as it comes to a close, we’re featuring our top 10 articles from the year to show the highlights of poker in Canada in 2016. These are decided on the very simple measurement of which articles were read the most.
The fifth-most read article of the year was our close look at PokerVision Network as they made claims of revolutionizing poker television when they launch in the first half of 2017 in Canada.
The planned online poker channel is owned by PokerVision Media, which is also the current owner of the now-dormant Canadian Poker Tour and was largely created by Kelly Kellner and his mother Lynne Kellner. PokerVision Media is, in turn, owned by ePlay Digital which is the company making the bold statements regarding the impact of the channel as they plan to launch the multi-platform poker media outlet.
Best of 2016 in Canadian Poker News
- #1: The Full WSOP Broadcast Schedule on TSN
- #2: Canadians Lose Value Playing Poker in America
- #3: Chris Bowers Finds Win on Third Final Table In a Row
- #4: Details of WSOP Circuit Montreal Released
- #5: A Closer Look at PokerVision Media
- #6: Jason Somerville to Stream DSPT Championship in Calgary
- #7: Negreanu, Idema, and Bonkowski Highlight WSOP Day 15
- #8: Five Predictions for Canadian Poker in 2016
- #9: Fallsview Casino Solves Ticket Scalping Issue During Fallsview Poker Classic
- #10: Casino Regina Introduces Third Annual Series, Diamond Poker Classic