The Easiest $5K Event of the (Next) Month is on February 13 and It's Free!
On February 13, PokerStars invites you to join a PokerNews-exclusive freeroll with a $5,000 guaranteed prize pool on tap. And we are talking about cash prizes. Not about tournament tickets, not about bonuses, but about cold, hard cash.
Why is This an Easy Poker Tournament?
Although the freeroll takes place at the world’s largest online poker site, not everyone is invited to the party. The only players who can join the $5K free event are those who:
- Have opened an account through PokerNews
- Have made their first deposit after January 1, 2016.
For this reason, you can expect the field to be a lot smaller than usual and a lot easier than usual too, given that the requirement we set is sure to attract a lot of beginners to the tables.
Here’s everything you need to know about the event:
- Name: PokerNews $5K
- Date: February 13, 2016
- Time: 15:05 ET (registration ends after two levels)
- Qualification: For PokerNews players that made their first deposit in 2016; no VPP requirement
1. I Don’t have an account at PokerStars: what do I do? If you don’t have an account at PokerStars, you can’t play. This is as obvious as it sounds. However, if you want to play for a share of the $5,000 cash prize on tap, here's what you need to do:
- Click here to open PokerStars in a new tab
- Sign up for a free account
- Enter the marketing code "PNEWS4"
- Use the code "STARS600" at your first deposit
- Register for the event
By doing this you will get access to all our eleven $5K monthly events left in 2016, plus a deposit bonus of up to $600.
2. Do I really need to make a deposit? Isn’t this a freeroll? Yes, even if you do not need to pay a buy-in, you need to make a deposit in order to get access to the event. Remember: you can play only if your first deposit at Pokerstars was made after January 1, 2016.
3. What if I made my deposit before Jan. 1, 2016? In this case, we are sorry. This event is not for you.